TOW 2 retail release?

Thadius

Hi, just asking if anyone has any information on a retail release of TOW 2? I am put off by the elicense thing, not because of the DRM, but because after a year I have to pay again to download, or go through support just to activate a game I have already purchased. If I have gotten the wrong idea, then please correct me, just going by what the FAQ's say.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Yes, you have the completely wrong idea.

When you buy a game, you get an eLicense key with it. That key never expires. You can license and relicense it as often as you like. You can transfer your game from one PC to another as often as you like.

eLicense only enforces one (and only one) restriction:

you are not allowed to have the game running and active on more than 2 PCs at the same time. This is in line with our End User License Agreement which Battlefront is using since before we were using eLicense.

That's ALL it does.

The download limitation has nothing to do with eLicense at all. There is no reason for ANYONE to have to download the game they buy more than once. After downloading, make a backup copy, e.g. by burning to disc or USB stick etc. You do not have to re-download ever again, and this has nothing to do with you being able to license/activate your game.

We do offer more then one download as a service to customers who e.g. have problems downloading because of a bad connection. But like I said, usually there is no reason to download more than once if you make a backup.

As for the second point - you only need support to reset your key if you forgot to unlicense it on a PC or had a PC crash etc., and only need this done if you have already activated the game on two PCs.

People have many misconceptions about eLicense and lump it together with a whole bunch of draconian DRMs out there, whereas it is the most flexible and the least intrusive on the market today that we have found after several years of research.

Ah now that is far better an explanation for the entire purchase process than is listed on the product page, thanks Moon :)

I know I might have sounded like a dick on the original post, but if it got the information I needed then I am happy, sorry about that Moon. Well I will probably be making a purchase of TOW2 then next week, and can't wait for the Centauro expansion. Again thanks for the info.

Ah now that is far better an explanation for the entire purchase process than is listed on the product page, thanks Moon

Yes, I'm aware of that. Problem is that people do not seem to be reading anything that is on the product page before ordering, let alone a long and dry explanation of how licensing works :) So I am not sure if adding it to the already fairly long-winded sales policy and order pages will do much. But I'll keep looking for ways to make the info more visible via at least an info link in the near future.

Martin