Crash in British forces

AppName: cm shock force.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: atioglxx.dll

ModVer: 6.14.10.8787 Offset: 0062c8d8

Playing quick mission about 5 mintues in above error running Catalyst 9.7 on XP Pro os. SP3 everything up to date. Video card XFX 4770 ATI and triple core AM3 cpu.

Zatoichi my card is not supported by 9.3 (XFX 4770 chipset) I really have not run cmsf much but thought it was working alright on the ATI which is a new build the open gl error happens about 5-6 minutes into a game. atioglxx.dll. Tried back dating to 9.5 and 9.6 still same.

Oh, sorry, I didn't know that some cards couldn't use the 9.3 drivers (I have a 4850 and it works just fine).

Well I'm afraid that's the only workaround I know about - I don't know what we can do to get ATI to fix this problem, or whether there's anything Battlefront can do, but since ATI have released 4 sets of broken drivers in a row (from CMSF's point of view), I would think whatever it is they've changed from 9.4 onwards, ATI are quite happy with it.

I guess we could all report the error to ATI, and start threads on their forums in the hope they notice, but as we're not playing some brand new state-of-the-art big budget title FPS, I don't know what good it will do.

Next time I'll vote with my wallet and choose NVIDIA (although their drivers are often just as flaky by all accounts).

Still getting ati open gl issues/crashes. Tried back dating the atioglxx.dll to earlier versions but 9.3 Catalyst does not work with my particular Radeon 4770 PCI-E video card. Tried 9.5,9.6, 9.7 still crashes. Played some missions as long as 45 minutes and then the noted error. Any other newer ATI users getting this?? crash AppName: cm shock force.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: atioglxx.dll

ModVer: 6.14.10.8787 Offset: 0062c8d8,,

Any ideas for a solution or workaround??