lost Direct3D somehow, can anyone help??

MikeT

Don't know how but I seem to have lost Direct3D so none of my CM games work. I have reinstalled DX9.0b and the latest NVidia drivers for my GeForce4 card with no change.

Gamewise I am dead in the water out there, so...

Please tell me someone out there knows a solution?

MikeT

MikeT,

Try this:

Run DXdiag.exe.

Go to the Display Tab and disable DirectDraw and DirectX accleration.

Reboot

Go back to DXdiag->Display and re-enable those 2 settings

Reboot

Test those settings to confirm they work

The reboots are critical. Sometimes it takes more than one try at this, but this has gotten me back in action after the few times this has happened to me.

Regards

Damn, no joy here. I even downloaded the previous version of the video drivers. I am dead in the water now, no gaming is possible.

Unless I can get this fixed I am going to have to buy a new PC to get around this. Maybe I had a bad video card??

Thanks for the assist, I owe you.

MikeT

I'd highly recommend what eichenbaum has suggested and remove all versions of the Detonator drivers you have on your computer (that are installed, that is). You can also look in the 'Add/Remove Programs' control panel and uninstall any NVidia drivers listed there. The advantage that the Detonator R.I.P. program offers is that it will delete the .INF files, which should keep Windows from attempting to reinstall the drivers you just removed when you reboot.

This type of problem crops up occasionally for some gamers where a driver upgrade all of a sudden leaves them without 3D/DirectX support.

I'd also highly suggest letting Windows reboot and install whatever it thinks it should (VGA or generic GeForce driver) after running the software program to remove the Detonator drivers. Do not install Detonators before rebooting. After Windows has installed whatever generic driver it will probably have you reboot. Do that and then install whichever Detonator version you want.