v1.11, straight through two walls (video)

I saw something like that a couple of times, but only early on, many patches ago... I certainly haven't seen anything like that in 1.11. It must be some very specific combination of variables that causes that, because I've certainly driven Strkyers around many corners in 1.11, without incident.

i guess this depends on how you plot the waypoints. as example i would make "at least" 2 waypoints there. one at the corner and one past it, so i never see such things.

but if one allways keeps doing only one waypoint straight through walls/houses, where the vehicle has to choose its path itself, you got a much better chance to see such quirks.

as the vehicles dashed directly through the walls this tells me you only set up one waypoint with 2 walls in between. in this case the vehicle failed to do it right, next time plot 2 at least ;)

if you dont like it to go its own way give it a series of waypoints you like, especially in urban areas.

Wow! I certainly haven't seen them do that. What's the name of the mission and I'll see if I can duplicate it?

It was one of the campaign scenarios - don't remember which! Maybe someone will recognize the layout. There were two outposts to clear - the one in the video is on the right viewed from the blue starting point - then the main town with a berm in front of it.

I have seen something similiar once, too, but in an earlier scenario of the campaign, IIRC. It's some time ago, so I don't remember which version of the game it was. Unfortunatly I played in real time, so there was no file or other evidence available.

Thats the last mission in the campaign if I dont remember wrong :cool:

I think you're right - I misspoke the first time around.

It's the only time I remember seeing straight-through - of course polygons do cross walls from time to time, but this is like the wall wasn't even there.

Ah well, if it's a campaign mission then I won't be able to do any testing on it as I'd have to play the whole thing just to get there.

However, and this is a l-o-n-g stretch, I seem to recall that there were bugs with some maps built with very early builds of the game where the map 'remembered' that there was previously terrain there or something and that it enabled units to pass through walls, or somesuch nonsense like that. Since all the campaign maps were made with v1.0, even more likely an earlier Beta build of the game, it's possible that the map has the bug and not the game.