Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Both CMBO and CMBB are shutting down on me

I'm having issues with both games. Both of them shut down for no apparent reason. First it was just CMBO doing it if I clicked on one of the arrows on the interface during the movie segment of a pbem. Now it just did it four times during the MOVE segment and I hadn't clicked on anything.

It also happened earlier today when I was playing CMBB against the AI. I clicked on a unit and the game shut down.

With CMBO, it began doing it intermittently about a week ago after I had installed some new bldg. mods. But I have no idea how on earth that could affect CMBB.

I'm running the games on a Compac Presario with Intel Celeron 533 MHz on Windows 98. I bumped up the ram to 191 mgs a few months ago.

Any suggestions?

(Later, that same evening...) OK, I figured out that the reason CMBB crashed is because of the tank crew problem in the Citadel scenario. So, that problem will take care of itself.

While I'm thinking of it, the demo looks excellent on my monitor, but will the full game be any different? I ask because like I said, I just have the Celeron and it has an Intel 810 chipset graphics driver DC 100 4.11.01.1321. (If that means anything to anybody out there.)

[ September 07, 2002, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

The full version should basically look the same. I have no idea why people think there is going to be some large difference between what they see in the Demo and what the full version will have. With the exception of more vehicles and units, things should be relatively the same.

As you're probably already aware the Intel 810 doesn't support fog-tables. Very large scenarios might also pose something of a problem, but I can't say for sure.

You can get the latest driver for the i810 v. 6.7 which was just released a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea if it will improve anything for you, but it may be worth a look. Find a backup of your current driver to reinstall if you do decide to try them, just in case something doesn't go right with the latest ones.