Map editor width and depth locked.....

If anyone has an answer for the following, thanks in advance. I was using a map for a preceeding battle having a 1872 meters width and a 1152 meters depth.

Needing the right foremost part of the map, I erased it from left to right till I had 400 meters width.

I then tried to augment it to the right. it is lock and nothing to have it agmented. I tried to augment the depth starting on the top side. Same issue.

I erased the depth either from the top or the boottom it worked. When I augmented it again. The mapping was back again, unmodified !. I can't still augment the size of the map.

I save the file, closed the editor and CMSF, did it again , same result.

If I can do a thing, I will have to modify my scenario and let go with that map. It never happened before.I was working for the fourth time on that map. Does that happen, because the original map was so huge ?

The map has a maximum limit either side of the start point. I am afraid that you will not be able to go any further than around 2400m in one direction and 1600m in the other from the start map. I have made that mistake too and I just had to restart the map.

Maybe with megatiles in the future we can copy and paste data will be spared this but until then I am afraid there is nothing you can do but expand in the other direction. :(

If it is only 400m of terrain you want to keep you can copy it by hand by taking screenshots of the editor in the bit you want to keep and then reproducing the tiles (Alt - Tab to the photo) in the new map. I have done it before and it is time consuming but it works!

Well, I know the limitation in size, but I thought that when you were reducing a map, let's say on the left, you could always augment it on the right side; I did it already. This time it doesn't work. As a matter of fact the depth of 1152 meters could not be modified, when I did it last time. I had reduced the preceeding map in depth, could not get farther than 1152 meters, yet I was able to augment it on the right, till I reach 1872 meters. Being stuck this time, the battle will take place a bit farther. Too bad for the continuity. I shall try however your copy advice, might be handy besides being time consuming.

Thanks Hcrof