Strange PBEM password problem

I encountered a rather strange problem. I've setup a PBEM quick battle, but when I got the file back, the program says that my password is wrong. I firstly thought I had a typo when I set my password, but I made some tests with PBEM quick battle setups, and found out that I always get a 'wrong password' message, even if I haven't even entered one!!! I've also tested with a normal scenario, but this worked without problem.

To make it even more strange, I started two PBEM quick battles just this week, and those passwords worked pretty perfect.

I have no idea what's causing the problem. The only thing I've changed on my system was the upgrade of Firefox browser to v3.5, but I really can't imagine that this has something to do with it!?

HELP!!!

As an update: I have now completly uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The first QB PBEM test I worked without problem. The second try: problem is back there again.

As a sidenote - the 'Select Game Options' setting that is normaly kept depending on last game I played is reset to '1 Player - Iron' for a new QB setup after the failed attempt to enter the password.

...and another problem. Often (but not everytime!) when I setup a QB in '1 Player turn-based' mode, the game switches a) to the other side (I do the setup as red, hit the go button and the game switches me to command the blue forces, or vice-versa) AND the game is switched from turnbased to realtime mode. What the heck is going on here?

Other Means, I have spend some hours with testing through very different steps - starting a new PBEM-QB right after I've opend CM, playing another scenario/QB before starting a new PBEM/QB etc etc. Sometimes t works, sometimes not, but I wasn't able to recognize a pattern behind it.

The way I tested is simple: I

- start a new quickbattle

- make my settings for the quick battle (or leave them as they are)

- click OK

- select side

- select playmode (2P - PBEM)

- enter the Syrian Password (when playing as red, obviously)

- name and save the turn (let name test000.ema)

- switch to Windows, move test000.ema from my outgoing email to the ingoing email folder

- load test000.ema from the saved games, set a Blue password, save as test001.ema

- switch to Windows, move test001.ema from my outgoing email to the ingoing email folder

- load test001.ema from the saved games, set a red password - and fail

Forgotten to mention: I'm using CMSF + Marines v1.11

Except complete uninstall and reinstall of CMSF, I tested the following measures:

- deleting the file 'Preferences.pfc' before starting CMSF

- deactivating my Antivirus software

- uninstalling Firefox 3.5, since it was the only additional program I installed before I've encountered the problem.

- removing all mods.

However, I can not exclude that the password problem already existed undiscovered all the time before, since I just begun to play QB-PBEMs last week. Maybe I just had the luck that my first setup was one of the few that worked.

The only time I've had this happen is when I send the wrong file. This happens because I get a file sent to me that goes into my "Incoming PBEM" file and when I've played the turn I do not switch to the Outgoing PBEM file to send the new file. Can you confirm this is not the case? If it isn't can you send me a QB setup. Use password "blue" for blue side and I'll be "red" mark.ezra3591@gmail.com