Mouse droppings

pcelt

I have just upgraded to Voodoo5500 (P3/933 256 Mb and DX8 with Win 98

Just one minor gliche----when clicking options on the initial interfaces

my mouse sometimes leaves odd traces and little bits ofjunk on screen until a new click is made.

There is no problem with the game itself and this is avery minor iritant-----but if anyone can shed any light on this or any cure I'll be very gateful.

Thanks

Running a Voodoo5000, I have the same "feature" and I know it's been mentioned in this forum before. Once in a while I have to jump between screens or scroll back and forth on a scenario description, if the dropping happens to be on some critical piece of info. But, as it doesn't show up during actual game play, I mostly just ignore it.

Guest Madmatt

That is usually caused by one of the following:

Slightly older Voodoo drivers (some new ones were released within the last month).

Custom Mouse cursors.

Windows Theme Packs installed.

Older MS Intellipoint or Logitek mouse drivers installed.

Check all the above, the key is to make sure your mouse cursor is the STANDARD WINDOWS DEFAULT. That seems to be the most prevalent culprit in this issue but its usually pretty simple to clean it up when you know what to adjust.

Madmatt