Capital Transfer and Re-Transfer Question

Hey all,

This event occurred in PDE, but I think the same thing happens in WAW, so I am posting here. Here's the situation:

I captured London and then Manchester early in the game. Then, while I was attacking Russia, the US liberated the British Isles. A short time later, I captured Alexandria.

Much to my surprise, the British surrendered!

Shouldn't the British capital not have transferred back to London once the city was liberated or once Alexandria fell? In other words, shouldn't the British (or the Russians for that matter) only surrender once ALL their capitals are under enemy control SIMULTANEOUSLY?

--------

And a related issue. I when I captured Alexandria in this game, not only did Britain surrender, but the Egyptian minor Allies did NOT surrender. They continued to fight on in occupied Syria. That seems strange too.

Thanks.

Hi MJY,

Unfortunately this is a long time function of the game where once a capital is transferred it is a permanent move. Not sure about the second part but if you have a saved game where you can show me what you are referring to it would be helpful.

Thanks,

Hubert