Any chance of seeing task organized companies in the CABs?

I mean, we already have a seperate MOUT formation, is there any chance of getting task-organized companies themselves? It's not a huge deal, but it's slightly irritating from a command-control standpoint when I have a mech. infantry squad getting hit with huge Air Control delays when the HQ they are assigned to is right next to them, but their "official" HQ is off map entirely.

I believe that this is something that is desired, but quite hard to implement (code and UI). I'm fairly certain that CMSF won't see it and it's probably quite possible that the initial release of CM:Normandy won't see it either. A future patch to CM:Normandy may make such a feature available, but I wouldn't count on it being a "promised" feature. It may take much longer than anticipated, much like the long awaited "multi-multi player", which we may see someday a few games from now.

• 4 months later...

I'm gonna bump this up, don't know if anyone official took note the first time. I mean, they did the same thing for the Marine infantry battalion's CAAT platoon and the entire MEU(SOC) is one big task organization. Of course, I don't know how much work this actually requires...

Also, it would be cool to be able to get the M1A1s with TUSK enhancements (ERA/ARAT, gunner's .50, transparent gunshield for loader, ), apparently the TUSK can be installed in the field on any Abrams variant, not just M1A2s.

Picture of an M1A1 with TUSK.

Notice the lack of the CITV, the M2HB fitted to CWS, the gunner's 50, and ARAT (ERA) on the sides.

I hate the fact you can't edit posts after a few hours.

I believe that this is something that is desired, but quite hard to implement (code and UI). I'm fairly certain that CMSF won't see it and it's probably quite possible that the initial release of CM:Normandy won't see it either. A future patch to CM:Normandy may make such a feature available, but I wouldn't count on it being a "promised" feature. It may take much longer than anticipated, much like the long awaited "multi-multi player", which we may see someday a few games from now.

OK, now that I'm re-reading this, I see where people might have misunderstood what I meant. Rather than 'on-the-fly' task organization, I mean something like a seperate but equal formation for the scenario designer. There is a lot of space on that formation tab (Syrians come close to filling what? half?) and Steve previously implied, to my understanding at least, that making new TO&E is a fairly quick, simple and straightforward process once the initial research is done.

I'm just asking that the individual companies trade one platoon of each, so they are no longer all-mech or all-tank units.

I should've RTFM. The updated online pdf, not the old print version I have.

OK, my apologies, I didn't realize that M1A1 TUSKs were already in the game. They were well hidden in the selection menu of the CAB (MOUT); it's kinda random, you sometimes get them with fair quality, sometimes with normal. And the BC never or rarely gets TUSK, you have to check the line companies.

But once they are there you get the ERA, the gunner's fifty, the loader's gunshield, everything.

Just to expand on this a bit, WRT to tanks:

CAB-Poor: M1A2 40%/ M1A1HC 60%

CAB-Fair: M1A1SA 40%/ M1A2 40%/ M1A1HC 10%/ M1A2 SEP 10%

CAB-Normal: M1A1SA 70%/ M1A2 SEP 30%

CAB-Good: M1A1SA 60%/ M1A2 SEP 40%

CAB-Excellent: M1A2 SEP 100%

CABM-Poor: M1A2 40%/ M1A1HC 40%/ M1A1SA 20%

CABM-Fair: M1A1SA TUSK 40%/ M1A1HC 30%/ M1A2 SEP 20%/ M1A2 SEP TUSK 10%

CABM-Normal: M1A1SA TUSK 60%/ M1A2 SEP TUSK 40%

CABM-Good: M1A2 SEP TUSK 90%/ M1A1SA TUSK 10%

CABM-Excellent: M1A2 SEP TUSK 100%

I'm not quite sure the BC is supposed to have a different tank than everyone else in most cases, but I can roll with it.