Question about the map editor

Knokke

Where the following textures mentionned in the file load.ini of the maps can be found?

It seems they are not in the list of files that are extracted with SFSextractor, because I can't find them. Or maybe they're hidden somewhere in a directory but I can't see them. This was the case for me at least for the file data/settings/weather.ini who didn't show up in windows explorer until I made a search for it. Maybe it is an other trick of Vista? (may this OS rot in hell)

[CUBE]

Down = Cube_bott.tga

East = Cube_right.tga

North = Cube_front.tga

South = Cube_back.tga

Up = Cube_top.tga

West = Cube_left.tga

Thanks Sneaksie,

I'm aware of these textures, but can't manage to have my new skybox texture displaying on my map. I've created a new entry in data/settings/weather.ini with the path pointing to my new skybox texture placed in the Maps/_TEX/Skys folder; I even added a new entry for the texture in the filesid.ini (I don't think it is necessary, though), but the texture for the horizon don't show up. By the way, it is a bit confusing, as it seems the skycube texture is mission dependent (the only reference to it I found is in the weather.ini file, and it seems that the settings in this file are used in the mission generator, where one defines the weather type for the mission. The other option would have been theses cube textures found in the load.ini of the map, but since they are obsolete, I don't understand what is the parameter to choose the horizon and sky texture on a map in the map editor). I can see the new entry I added in the weather.ini in the mission generator, but whatever setting I change in the weather.ini, it doesn't show on my map. I tried changing the color of the water, and the FogRGB color, but the colors are still the same as before. Any idea what I'm missing?

• 2 weeks later...

I succeeded to import my first object in game with the Meshtools. It means I should be able to import whatever static object I want from now on for my map.

http://pigeonh@free.fr/ToW/grave_wall-1.jpg

But I have an other problem now: for an unknown reason (not related to the import of my new objects, because I had this problem before) I'm no longer able to save my map when I make a change. If I save my work with the menu "save as", the Name of the map still has an * appended, meaning that the changes have not been saved. This is confirmed if I exit the map by the pop-up message asking me if I want to save the changes before exiting. Needless to say that if I hit the save button, nothing is saved.

Anyone amongst the map makers here had this problem before and knows what could be the reason? I could be related with me having manually edited the pathfindcells.tga, because I first noticed the problem some time after.

Beside, as it can be seen in the screenshot above, I still have no cue why I can't change the settings for the color of the fog (FogRGB) and why I can't see my new skycube.

Any help to cure theses troubles would be greatly appreciated :)

-Knokke