Question - Squad MGs

I'm sure it has been addressed but how is the ammo handled for the squads inherent M240s. They initially show no ammo on set up or designing a battle. Do they actually have a load of ammo at that time? When I have ammo acquired for the M240s, when you split squads in different ways, sometimes the team will show no ammo for it's M240 out of the split. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry about that. An example:

Mark Ezra's excellent battle "Viper Pass". I will use the 1st rifle squad, 3rd Platoon, A Company, 1st Battalion from the 1st ICV M1126 Stryker. It should be M249 instead of M240. My goof. They start off with no ammo & I acquire 1000 rounds. The squad breaks down as this - 9 men, 4 with M4's, 1 with an M4 with scope, 2 with M4/m203s & 2 with M249s. It shows the full ammo for the 7.62 rounds after acquisition. I split the squad into teams. I come up wit a 5 man team consisting of 3 M4s, 1 M4/m203 & 1 M249 showinf full ammo. The 2nd team is a 4 man team with 1 M4, ! with M4 with a scope, 1 M4/M203 & 1 M249 showing no ammo. What does this actually represent for the M249s. Does one M249 gunner have the full 1000 rounds & the other M249 has none? What if the battle has squads but no vehicles to supply them ammo. The rifle squads or assault squads have no 7.62 ammo showing. Do they really have no ammo thus you have 2 to 3 M249 gunners running around (actually they run around with the rest of the squad or team) with no ammo? Is this true, a bug, or the coding is incorrect?

I don't mean a bunch of people running around with M240s, that was an error on my part. Thanks LT Mike on the M240 teams. Thanks Wengart on the scout teams. I was not using them though, I was using a rifle squad or an assault squads with troops manning the M249s as my examples.

Thanks for any input on this.

JP76er,

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but it sounds like you're experiencing the misunderstanding I had when I first started playing CMSF.

You see, the M249 fires 5.56x45mm NATO rounds just like the M4 and M16, whereas the M240 fires 7.62x51mm NATO.

Not realizing that the M249 and the M4/M16 fire the same ammunition, I would always load up my rifle squads from 7.62mm ammo from the accompanying Strykers or Bradleys before dismounting them. Later, though, I realized my mistake after reading more about the M249, and now my M240-armed teams suffer no dearth of ammo on account of misinformed rifle squads. :P

EDIT: Doh! Yair Iny beat me to it. :)

JP76er,

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but it sounds like you're experiencing the misunderstanding I had when I first started playing CMSF.

You see, the M249 fires 5.56x45mm NATO rounds just like the M4 and M16, whereas the M240 fires 7.62x51mm NATO.

Not realizing that the M249 and the M4/M16 fire the same ammunition, I would always load up my rifle squads from 7.62mm ammo from the accompanying Strykers or Bradleys before dismounting them. Later, though, I realized my mistake after reading more about the M249, and now my M240-armed teams suffer no dearth of ammo on account of misinformed rifle squads. :P

EDIT: Doh! Yair Iny beat me to it. :)

Thanks to you & Yair Iny both! What I dope I am. Totally my goof. I appreciate the link too. I'm heading there to read it & to get educated. I did think it fired the 7.62. I'm not military so I still have a lot to learn. Thanks again for the input, it's most appreciated it.