Background sounds mod up at CMSF Mods Warehouse

Hello All,

Man, what a pain in the butt it's been to get my little contribution made available to the community!

With his blessings, I took Mord's background sounds mod and updated it so that it'll once again work in the default CMSF since its upgrades, and modified it so that it has a night time version as well. The Read Me goes into more details as to who did what.

If I had to describe the mod, the biggest difference between it and the default background sounds is that there aren't any far distant explosions. To me, this enhances the sense of the immediacy of the mission that one is actually in, as well as makes it a little easier to hear combat sounds that are actually integral to what's going on in one's vicinity. The explosions have been replaced with authentic communications chatter, as designed by Mord. The night time version has the chirping of crickets added to the comm sounds.

I'm in the process of trying to get this mod uploaded to the Repository (Moon's been bending over backwards with me on this, and I'm grateful for his patience!), and another site that'll be a bit of a surprise (maybe).

Good or bad, I'm looking forward to your feedback on this.

By the way, the file is large for containing only two sound loops, but Mord crafted his initial release so that it doesn't sound repetative and get annoying. As a result, it's big. Now the night time "crickets" version is another matter. I tried to get the little buggers to change their pitch and rhythm a bit, but they only looked at me like I was crazy. ;)

Here's the link to CMSF Mods Warehouse:

http://cmsfmods.greenasjade.net/mods/user_index?uploader_id=110

:)

Hey Kyle,

I think I figured out why you might have had trouble.

I've set up the Warehouse on a cheap but industrial/scalable site.

This means right now it costs me next to nothing to run, but it might run out of power.

I think that's what happened to you: while you were uploading a huge file, probably my warehouse got busy serving someone else, and then died on you.

This is easy to fix: I just have to pay for more grunt.

So... I need to know if this sort of thing happens often or not, before I shell out for that. I'll keep my eyes on it, and hopefully others will also let me know if they have problems.

FWIW, we've been uploading nearly a 100 mods over the last couple of days, no problems that I'm aware of.

GaJ