Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mission Editor Question

Can I mix and match Marine and US Army forces in the mission editor? I have tried editing Stryker Units into an existing Marine scenario but they don't show up?

My apologies if this information is available elsewhere. I have searched the Marines Manual and other posts but can't seem to find an answer.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Changing the subject. I pe-ordered CMSF but found it too buggy and left it alone. I periodically returned to it, but couldn't get into it. I am now into it in a big way! To the extent that I bought the Marine module today!

ah yes that is fairly simple, you must do something not right.

what you mean they dont show up? i mean when you edited em in, to the "right" side, maybe you put em on red side, they should show up.

hm, did you go to deploy blue and put these unit into youre setup zone for the battle? maybe there are on the far end of the map or something like this?

EDIT:

I periodically returned to it, but couldn't get into it.

i saw this later, lol was for me the same with CMBB, played the demo, liked it, got the game, played around half a year casually, then anfter some game expirience i suddenly "got it" what its all about. since then iam quiet hooked to CM games :D

...To the extent that I bought the Marine module today!

Yeh, Marine module rocks. Unit composition makes for very different gameplay and you can tell the scenario designers had an extra year to practice their skills. British module's going to rock even more, and for the same reasons too.

About units not showing up, did you accidentally send them into reinforcement limbo? Its easy enough to do if, while in the editor, you hit the number '1' reinforcement key instead of the 'F1' AI instruction set key. I've done that enough, myself. ;)

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I was trying to replace LAVs with Strykers in the 'USMC Just around the bend' scenario. The troops were on the map, but the AI had placed them on a ridge, which was out of bounds in the actual scenario. I was only able to spot them using the 'Deploy Screen' in the Scenario Editor.

One more stupid question please. I have edited and saved several scenarios. They show up on the CM SF load game menu, and in the Scenario Editor. However, they do not show up in Windows Explorer, and I can't seem to delete them. Are they saved in a separate sub-directory?