Balanced Weather?

A little help. I have been playing pbem and I can't seem to figure out the weather settings. Simultaneous turns do not produce simultaneous weather! This makes no sense. It is clear on my opponents turn and then rains on my turn. Then on the next turn, clear weather. On the next turn, rain again. The next turn was again clear weather.

Considering that this is a largely carrier based game, at least for me, I am simply astounded that I can not make the weather the same for both players each turn. Which makes me think I am missing a setting, or something. I like the randomness of the weather, but it just makes no sense for my opponent to be able to launch and attack my carriers from his carriers when on the "same day" (simultaneous turns) I can not launch from the same carriers he attacked. If your opponent has clear weather and then you have rain it should rain for your opponent.

What am I missing?

Very simple, the game is conspiring against you this year, but ask your opponent next year what weather has on during the same months. What you will notice is that you will have good weather were as your opponent will not, don’t worry you’re not missing any settings or anything like that. Hope this helps.

It has now occurred to me that the Japanese player goes first so he would be able to act according to weather but the allies would not because it would change the next turn. The Japanese would know they had rain cover if it rained on the American turn after raining on their turn. The Americans would not know the weather of the Japanese player because it would be random at the beginning of each turn, which the Japanese start.

Is there no solution to this problem? Turn off the weather?

Pure gamey cheatery trying to get the forum to help you defeat me! ;-)

Agreed that we wouldn't want the weather to be predictable for player #2 on a simultaneous turn. There have been a couple of times in our match where your little Nipponese have had clear weather and I didn't...for 2 consecutive cycles. And vice versa. It almost made a difference. Had it gone for 3 or 4 turns it would have. But so far, it has evened out.

Since we have been editing our way through these campaigns I think we should just turn the % down if we find it has a poor effect on the game. The same non-simultaneous weather would still happen...just less often.