New agony, seeking aid..........

Hi

After many trials and not a few tribulations US Cmbb has arrived with me here in Belfast (kudos to Bruno Weiss)

But (as always ?) I have a rather niggling problem with game as follows (tried search but no idea what topic title would be ?)

When game loads I hear Music playing but get only a black screen (I think there should be a BFC logo ?) this continues for ages or until I hit Spacebar.

After (or maybe as consequence of ?) this I am finding that using the Menu and Selection screens is extremely slow (up to 30 secs per mouse click !!) making Scn selection rather frustrating and QB selection process a major effort !

I sometimes have to use 'Alt Tab' to move to next screen and the game seems to 'hang' interminably whilst maximising back ?

Once I get to the '3d Graphics' loading screen all seems fine and the Scns themselves are playing sweetly.

I cant fathom what would be cause of this weirdness any suggestions ?

My system is rather aged but works fine in all other respects :

AMD K6 (P3 600) processor

32mb Voodoo 4500

Win ME

All drivers are latest for all devices

Cheers

Gary - you have the same problem I had with my Voodoo.

The fix is to Turn Anti Aliasing ON for your graphics card (probably via the 3dfx manager). Do not run the game with it set to 'Fastest Performance'.

There will be some blockiness in the menu screens when you click on something, but it will work fine. I usually Alt-Tab back to desktop once the battlefield graphics have loaded and reset it to 'Fastest Performance', as it keeps the 3D choppyness down.

Good luck m8, let me know if it doesn't work but it fixed my 4500 AGP problem. I still don't get an intro screen though.

I've been wanting to upgrade the video card for a while now, but will limp on with it until I can afford a whole system. It's a real b*gger that Voodoo went out of business after releasing those cards, I get the feeling that the continual upgrades to DirectX will make them completely useless fairly soon.

Hi Rex

Yes your 'fix' works with my V4500 tad annoying but at least I can play the game thanks for tip.

I agree ref Voodoo cards they are definately past sell by dates, sad as I really like my 4500.....

In local PC World there is literally a dozen different graphic cards on sale I will have to some research before asking Santa to bring one smile.gif

Cheers