Pause and camera switch on casualty

kampfkoala

Hello,

i just bought ToW2 and it seems to be a good game so far.

What bothers me is that in the Demo i could play fluidly, regardless of casualties.

In the full game, the game always pauses if a soldier is hit, directing the camera to the place where it happens.

How can i disable this behaviour? It destroys the game for me if i try to set up a Tank Ambush and suddenly my view is shifted across the battlefield because Private Cannonfodder caught a bullet. ;)

Yeah its a bit piss off... but i'm glad who died, but i don't really want to know where he die. By the way, thats will be fun to know who stay alive and who died in a combat after a mission like a close combat.

but i'm glad who died, but i don't really want to know where he die.

Yes, it's good to know. But ToW1 had the better solution to that, stating casualties in that little Info-window.

I really hope there is a solution to this camera issue, or playing larger battles would be way too tedious to enjoy.

It has to be an option i overlooked... ;)

Yes, if you don't want it, turn smartpause off in options.exe.

options.exe does not run. I use Vista 32Bit Home Premium and tried to run it in normal and in compatibility mode, both times as admin. UAC is turned off.

Edit:

I found the setting in the game.ini and changed it to 0.

Good to hear, that you're investigating why options.exe does not always run on vista.

It's in the game folder.

I don't know how adept you are with computers and software, so I'll keep it very simple.

Open up any folder, on your desktop or one you have in My Documents, etc.

Go up to the top and click on Folders, over on the left, click on my computer, local disk ©, Program Files, Battlefront, Theatre of War 2 and you're now in the game folder.

Click on the green square that has two white flowers or gears and is called options.exe.

Double click on it and under the System tab uncheck smart pause under Game.

Click OK, and then close out of all the folders etc with the red X in the top right of your desktop.

Done.

Mongo, thanks from me also...as I have had the same problem. Quick question: I can't seem to save the campaign game...any clues? At the start of TOW2 after download and play start...(In TOW...their were battles listed) No battles are listed in the game beginning log? Is it because None were included?

Inability to save may be caused by Vista access control, run the game usinfg 'run as administrator' context menu option. There are no stock single battles, this button is for battles user can create in Mission Editor or Mission Generator.

I confirm that, Sneaksie. For me, deactivating user access control in Vista 32 seems to have solved the with saving games.

Simply starting the game as administrator was not enough, I had to totally deactivate UAC.