Hex Control After Surrender -- Spain

Hey all,

Currently playing a game in which last turn the Yanks conquered an Axis-allied Spain. Even after the surrender, German units still occupied a couple of Spanish cities. However when my Axis turn came, the usual situation wherein adjacent hexes to the cities are switched to friendly control did not happen. That made operating (etc.) problematic.

I had a similar situation a long time ago involving Turkey that was a programming glitch. I assume this is the same.

(I have saved a copy of the file just in case it is needed to fix this glitch.)

Hi MJY,

It looks like it is the order in which the code is processed. The code that checks for surrounding tiles around occupied cities etc., is checked first before the SURRENDER events are processed. This is of course correct in terms of the chaos that would occur upon an immediate surrender and until zones of control could be re-established on subsequent turns.

All this means is that on your immediate turn, following the surrender of Spain you did not gain control of those areas surrounding the cities still occupied in Spain but on your subsequent turn you will. I ran a quick test to confirm and it does occur as expected, i.e. your opponent will have one more turn before your next turn and the hex control is given to you in any unoccupied tiles around those occupied cities in Spain.

Hope this helps,

Hubert