How can I place an order for TOW2?

markh

I am in the site and my login seems to work for the purpose of posting threads.

I decide to take the plunge and buy TOW2. Great, on to the "Checkout".

The site asks me if I am a repeat customer, or to register as a new customer. I input my user name and password - the site says that my input is either a wrong user name or wrong password (I find this strange because I am successfully logged in under my user name and password).

Never mind I just want to buy and play the game so I try to do a new registration. NO good either - seems that I am already registered, which is correct because as you guessed I am logged in under my registered user name and password. The site suggest I use the "forgot password" facility. I do that and an email is sent to me by BF. I click on the link of that first email to confirm that I sent the request and it tells me that a second email with a password has been sent. The second email arrives with a numeric password.

Well - lets try to buy that game again.

I get to " Checkout" and I am required to register. I input the new user name and the new password - and guess what - it tells me that I have either a wrong user name or password. And around and around we go again!!

By the way, during all this time I am still successfully logged in using my old user name and old password. If this posting works it means that the old details still seem to work.

So gentlemen, what am I doing wrong? How hard can it be to buy the product? Any thoughts are welcome.

The username and password you use for logging into the forums is NOT the same as the one you use for logging in to buy a game from their shop.

I'm not sure why the new username and password don't work for you buying the product...maybe you have to change them because they are temporary. Did you follow the link in the email (if there was one)?

Anyway, yes you are successfully logged in and using your FORUM username and password...but it's a different one entirely to use the shop.

How hard can it be to buy the product?

Not hard at all actually if you read some of the notes on the order pages placed there especially for returning customers, such as "your store account is different than your forum account" or another one saying "if you forgot your store login, go to www.battlefront.com/lostpw to retrieve it".

More help is available in the Knowledge Base at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk as well as the FAQ for this forum (link on top of the page).

The short story is: for your very first purchase with Battlefront you do not need to register any account. It's done for you automatically during the checkout process. After that, when you make future purchases, you can use your account (tied to your email address) to make ordering quicker (e.g. no need to enter your address anymore etc.). We only allow people to have one account per email address to ensure that all your purchases are saved in the same account.

Hope this helps.