Scenario Name Bug?

So - TrapOne mails me a scenario called "Defense of Pohleriska".

I save the .cme file into the Scenarios directory.

I fire up CMBB, and get ready to play... no scenario in the list! Only "Defense of Verkne-Golub"

Que?

Tried a few different things, then renamed the "Defense of Verkne" file to "Z Defense of Verkne".

Yay! "Defense of Poh" appears!

And, mystery of myseteries, "Defense of Verkne" is still there, no "Z" appearing in its name, but at the bottom of the list!

Hmmmm... what's this all about?

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

So - TrapOne mails me a scenario called "Defense of Pohleriska".

As a bit of background, I created the scenario in question under CMBB 1.0.3 on MacOS 9.2.2. It's completely new, not a modification of an existing scenario or map. I may have started work under 1.0.0 and converted later, but I doubt that.

(For the record, the name of the scenario file is "Defense of Pohlersilta.cme" and the title entered in the editor is "Defense of Pohlersilta".)

The file's been flying about the Internet as a .zip, created in DropZip, and I have changed the title within the editor "Parameters" section more than once. And I've changed the filename from its original too.

How odd! Any suggestions?

David

Bizzare!

Same thing with me, but there is no fix I can do . . .

:(

Version 1.03 will not open that battle.

I even tried to rename it with Z in front. Nothing. Won't show up.

It DOES show up in the "SCENARIO EDITOR," however. But when I try to LOAD it, it tells me;

"You must update to a new version to use this file."

Well, THAT's just plain wrong.

I AM using the latest and greatest version.

Whassup? I wanna play! WAAAAAAAA!!

:(

Gpig

P.S. GreenAsJade, how did you rename the OTHER file? I can't add or delete any text from the title of that file. Rats!

I didn't realise there is a title in the editor separate from the file name (well, it's obvious, it just hadn't sunk in).

I renamed the _file name_ of the other scenario, and that's what made everything work!!!!

Note that renaming the file name of Trap One's scenario did not fix anything!!! :confused:

(Sorry for misnaming the scenario: I was too lazy, when typing the post, to go get the right spelling redface.gif Y'all know what I was talking about ;) )