QBG Quick Battle Maps User Notice

All QBG Quick Battle Maps have been removed from CMMODS and are no longer available. The reason for this is simple: Most have been incorporated into the last several patches of CMSF. They were EXTENSIVELY changed during this period. So OLD QBG Maps are no longer viable. Now here is the REALLY IMPORTANT PART...

The current CMSF QB maps use the EXACT same naming convention as the OLD QBG Maps. So if you load old QBG maps they will Overwrite the current (and FAR BETTER!!!) CMSF QB Maps.

IN an attempt to avoid future WTF problems NO QBG Quick Battle Maps may be uploaded to the Repository or ANY other sites with out the express permission of QBG. As I am the official spokesperson for the group, anyone with questions or request should contact me @ Mark.Ezra3591@gmail.com

Thanks

Mark Ezra

• 2 weeks later...
I'm lost. You posted new maps in Feburary. We have not had a new patch since Dec.

I have the same maps I always seem to have had since day 1. Did I miss an update or something.

I really wanted to try that 199 map pack you had. Still confused.

This thread labors somewhat under the weight of NDA but let me try to clear up a couple of things.

On Release of CMSF there were only a handful of QB Maps.

Mishga and I started the Quick Battle Group (QBG) to provide a lot of maps in a short amount of time. While they were well received by the community, Mishga and I were under no illusion about the quality of the our work. The urgency of the need is part of why the early QB maps were less interesting, attractive, or even functional, then our later work. So after several incarnations many QBG maps have become standard issue since V1.08. I have continued to add both new and revised QB maps and am now at a stopping point. The QB maps all have names (naturally) Many of those names are used for maps originally made for the game or by Mishga and I early on. This means "new maps" have "old" names. Because of that I have taken down all QBG maps and even the work I posted on the Repository in February. That way people won't download old QBG maps from any Mod site and overwrite the far better maps that are in the game now and will be added in the next patch.