Can't get Demo to run

Sniper31

Hi folks, long time Battlefront game player going back to the beginning of CM, first time poster here on this forum.

I am having a problem getting the TOW2 Demo to run. The Demo installs fine and I can start it up fine, change game settings etc. However, the problem is that I cannot actually load a battle. I get the load screen when trying to load a battle, but when the progress indicator finishes, the Demo crashes to my Windows desktop, with no error message whatsoever. If it matters, I have the first TOW installed as well as the CM:SF Marine bundle, and both of those run fine. Here are my system specs:

Intel I7 940 cpu (2.93 ghz), nVidia EVGA GTX 260 gpu, 12 Gb DDR3 Tri-Ch ram, EVGA X58 Tri-Sli motherboard, 500Gb Seagate HDD, Ultra X3 1000w PSU, Windows Vista 64 Bit

All my hardware drivers are upgraded and optimized for my system.

Any help with this would be greatly apprciated. I really would like to play this demo, as I am excited about the actual game. But given Battlefront's 'no refund' policy (which I completely understand), I need to be able to play the demo before I actually spend money on the game. Thanks in advance.

But given Battlefront's 'no refund' policy (which I completely understand), I need to be able to play the demo before I actually spend money on the game.

Perfectly understood and a wise decision, and in fact one of the main reasons we put out free demos for our games. We'd rather have customers try out the demo and NOT buy than buy and then demand a refund (which, as you correctly noted, we do not give).

You have some sophisticated hardware, so this is above my head to answer. 1C devs will be here soon enough to reply.

Okay, I have a dual-boot system with Windows Vista 64 and Windows 7 beta installed. As per my above post, since I could not get the demo to load a scenario in Vista64, I tried running the game under Windows 7, and strangely, it works flawlessly and beautifully there. Interesting...

Still, I would like to know why I can't get it to run under Vista64.:cool: