CD not recognized

Sbeu

Hello.

I just bought the english version of CMAK.

I install correctly the game but when I launch it, the prog. tells me that the wrong CD is inserted. But it is the original CD!!!

I've tried with cd 1 and cd 2.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND. I haven't checked if compatibility mode is enabled for cmak(I am not in front of my pc right now). So I will check. But can this be an other problem?

I assume that all three of the CM games you've purchased are CDV versions, is this correct ? If so it sounds like your system has a problem with the SafeDisc format for some reason (which is unique to the CDV version and not the BFC/Internet version). Most of the time this will result in installation problems, but it can also manifest itself in 'CD detection' problems.

The 'compatibility mode' is something you will see with Windows XP (most of the time this happens during an 'upgrade' from a previous Windows version and you already have CM installed).

You may have a piece of software installed that is causing a problem during the CD detection process. You may also need to leave your CD in the drive for awhile before playing CM to see if this helps for detection purposes (it may take awhile for some CD/DVD drives to read the CD). If you want to test this, then just replace the game executable with one from the CD, which will force the CD detection routines. Use explorer to see if the CD file system can be seen and if so, then at that point launch CM.

I'm only having trouble with the Afrika Corps game (the CDV version). I bought CMBO direct from Battlefront and CMBB as the CDV version. I appreciate that the the problem is with the safedisc protection, and the game itself is great fun. It just leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth when I've had to get a cracked version to run the game. If cracks are so easy to get (it took me ten minutes) what is the point in the copy protection that just upsets paying customers?

Shrullenhaft, you are right.

I have bought the game from CDV.

I have replaced the executable file by the one on the first CD (directory: SECUROM)

It works perfect now. Thank you. Why does it happen? The executable which is installed is not the same as the one in the SECUROM directory? quite strange, isn't it?

But well, everythig is all right now.

Thx