Radeon 9700 Pro font problem

Hi all

Just got a new PC system - Dell 4550, gfx card as above, XP Home - and I'm experiencing a few problems seeing fonts (graphics look lovely btw). Drivers are Catalyst 3.2 v6.14.1.6307, just updated (I was getting kaleidoscope colours on previous version).

All font output is white on white, so I don't see my password appear in the password screen when I type it. In the game screen, any text (e.g. numbers of healthy vs injured) are also just white blocks.

Has anyone seen anything similar? Anyone have any suggested fixes?

[Edit] FYI, when I select a graphics mode after deleting the Prefs file, I can read the text there, it's only in the game itself I can't see any text.

[ March 24, 2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Wojtek ]

I'd suggest completely uninstalling your current Catalyst 3.2's, installing the 'VGA Save' drivers temporarily and then installing Catalyst 2.3's (a reboot after each step). I'm under the (unconfirmed) impression that all Catalyst versions between these two have corruption problems of one sort or another.

You may also want to check your DirectX settings by experimenting with the Smoothvision and Anisotropic Filtering settings to see if they make a difference.

[ March 24, 2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

• 2 weeks later...