Can't load TOW!

Hi guys, first post. I'm in the UK and a windows xp (home) user, I have all the service packs installed.

Just received my TOW bundle through the post. Loaded main DVD as instructed - it installed, however that was it, just cannot launch the game at all, either through disk or menu/shortcuts.

I note that stuck on the front of the main DVD is a sticky label saying (abbreviated) Quote -"Attention - before running TOW see your webpage for a special downloadable compatability patch!"

It's special alright because I can't find anything for TOW other than the uber patch which my DVD version should already contain! The link given on the sticky label for this mysterious "compatability patch" produced nothing?

Help please, this bundle just cost me $65 and I'm gagging to use it. :(

You do not need the "compatibility patch". That is already included in the Über patch and if you have the Mission Pack, then you already have the Über patch, too.

From your description it's not entirely clear if you have installed the MP? If not, then you should install it, too, not just the base game from the DVD.

Just tried that, by re-installing TOW then trying to add the MP without trying to run TOW first. Guess what?

Get to installation menu for MP, then that's it, get no further. Tried twice to install MP, but both times no response on install menu, not just clicking on install but any options including "read me and exit", menu appears "live" but doesn't repond to mouse click!

Worse still both times had to pull the plug on my system just to close it down! Not good. What's going on here?