New models in ToW???

You'll need SFSextractor to extract the data from the SFS files. You can use MshConverter v.1.18 to view and save 3D msh files to 3DS format and back. There are no tutorial as such to use theses tools.

There is a ToW modding FAQ available on cmmods. 1C has released two 3DSmax models of vehicles as exemple of how to set vehicles up for the game, as well as a file explaining how to mod new units for the game.

Unfortunately, I don't have the links to theses files anymore due to a computer crash, but hopefully, someone will be able to provide them for you.

Creating models for ToW is not an easy task with the tools and info available at the moment, but it is still possible. For the time being, I've been able to mod only one fully working airplane for the game (so it is possible to have at least a mesure of success).

I've been able to import a bridge into the game too, but I'm still stuck with a problem with the pathfinding cells. Any other static object I've moded so far is not working yet, probably because I did'nt manage to set the files properly.

-Knokke

Well, I guess I can see about making the first small arms:cool:... Is it possible to use other moddeling programs(I use Softimage XSI mod tool which imports/exports 3ds models)???

BTW, that typoon mod sound cool! Is that just a modding asset, or Is it a full game addition I can install directly into the game???

It's the British late war attack plane that should be but never gets included in games. Something about only ~2800 being flown by Commonwealth forces in WW2! ;) It comes with guns, bombs & rocket options.

I highly recommend jumping into the editor & replacing it on the British missions & as the opposing ground attack a/c on the Lehr campaign

Here's a pic of this beauty!

f_a4tiffiem_b64f2bb.jpg

That's one heck of a plane:eek:!!! finally something to replace the Hurricane Mk IIc for the later war missions:). I'll definently download later today. Thank's Knokke and Gnasher ;).

Anyway back to my question, can I use any moddeling program that imports/exports 3ds???

3Dmax is best I think although I'm sure it's not my gig (yet). Also Google "All Aircraft Arcade" go to that site & look at the 3d modelling section moderated by fatduck & dr jones. Dr jones wrote the SFS extractor & I know has helped various ppl.They will also be able to help with importing models into the ToW/IL2 engine.

HTH