Passing under a bridge?

I am attempting to create a map whereby the actors (either player or computer AI) may have to pass beneath a bridge. I have noticed that for the "View Pathfinding" option, I find that the computer marks any area beneath the bridge's borders as red. This, no doubt, indicates that the AI will never go beneath a bridge.

True to form, in play-testing, I find that the AI does not go through a bridge/tunnel object, but rather will attempt to go around it, even if it is placed on an array path.

Has anyone had this same problem and is there a workaround?

Thanks!

In my attempts to create a new bridge for ToW for my map, I've been unable to model a bridge which allows the AI to pass beneath (which is a big drawback for me).

It seems there are only two ways of doing it, neither one being perfectly satisfying:

either the AI can cross the bridge on top normally, but will not be able to pass beneath; or the AI can pass beneath the bridge, but will not be able to walk on top.

The red squares of the AI pathfiding cells act like a barrier, blocking the way for the AI.

This is really annoying, as there are many maps that would require having a bridge crossing a road rather than a river.

Knokke, i've sent you a letter with corrected bridge file (one of our modelers did it), hopefully it will work right:)

About passing under the bridge - sadly, currently this is impossible (there is one layer of pathfinding cells and it's CPU hog already). We hope to implement support of such situations later.

We hope to implement support of such situations later.

That's excellent news :) ! ToW and ToW2 are the best WW2 RTS games available; it can only become better if they could be improved even further. hmmm... what about having mortars, trains, boats, ships and amphibian vehicles as well as less limited bridges and tunnels? I believe I've to stop the list before 1C devellopers starts to hate me ... :D I know you guys are very busy with ToW2 already.

Knokke, i've sent you a letter with corrected bridge file (one of our modelers did it), hopefully it will work right

Thanks a lot for the help provided. The file need a bit tweaking, but obviously, the pathfinding cells problem I had is solved in the file you sent me. I sent a mail to you explaining the few problems I had with the file.

At the moment, I'm in a spell of bad luck: the laptop on which I was doing my modding for ToW had a failure of the graphic card, it is now in the repair shop. I hope they will manage to repair it, because I don't have a backup for all my work. And worst: my external hard drive died two days before my laptop, which means that all my backup files for my Grave map were lost. The only version I have is now on my laptop... :(

Fortunately, I had some of the files for my other ToW modding projects saved on my FTP; so not everything is lost.

Again, thanks for your help and great support Sneaksie.

-Knokke