Tanks control problem

Jaws

Hello,

I was impressed by ToW 1 graphics but due disobedient tanks and lack of battle atmosphere (like terrible sounds etc) I stopped playing it.

ToW 2 sounds are the best combat sounds I ever observed in a simulation. The atmosphere is also cool.

But... the Tanks still don't obey orders when enemy is in sight. Is it me doing something wrong or is it the AI?

this was a good tip for ToW1, still useful for ToW2:

"If a tank or a gun can not hit target

If your gun does not fire at an enemy tank you should check its visibility and see if there are obstacles in the way. Also check if the gun’s elevation is sufficient. For that purpose you can attach the camera to the unit (select units + ENTER) or use the LOS tool (line which is drawn during issuing Attack, Storm, Area fire commands). Also try aiming at other parts of the target, for instance, the turret in case your gun is positioned lower than the target. What often happens is that the gun-crew fires against the target without an exact specification of the aim point. In that case the default setting is the hull. An order to aim at the turret will make the gun-crew aim higher and those few degrees may be decisive. A tip: use that feature when you are engaged in combat on uneven terrain."

hope that helps!