USMC Semper Fi! Campaign Question (spoiler)

Gents,

I'm playing through the USMC campaign, "Semper Fi! - Syria". I've gone the Pooh route (it actually was easy for me!). Anyhow, I have a question for anyone who has completed "Afternoon Delight", the ninth battle.

***Spoilers!!!***

Okay, I finished "Afternoon Delight". I did NOT destroy the chemical towers, per the briefing. I did, briefly, occupy them with some troops. I wiped out the defenders. 0 men left. I then sat there for about 20 minutes clicking through the turns. At the end, I received a TOTAL DEFEAT. WTF? I lost 2/2 LAV's, 1/3 M1's, 1 Stryker, 1 MGS Stryker. Total of 11 US casualties. Absolutely NOTHING happened the last 20 minutes.

Has anyone won this? If so, what did you do? What is required for the US to win?

Fwiw, the after action screen showed that I had not achieved any points for enemy casualties (um, no one was left) also, no points for friendly casualties. 5 vehicles, 11 men; not good enough?

Any clue on this would be helpful so I can understand what I was supposed to do.

Thanks,

Ken

c3k,

I started a thread on this one a way back, and someone else started another more recently. Seems there's a bug in there that prevents a Blue victory, no matter what. I don't think it affects the next battles - can't remember exactly, but I know I went on to complete the campaign with no serious consequences, so it's probably best to just carry on.

Good luck!

I'm glad you told me that! I had a vague recollection about a thread like this, however, I had avoided reading anything due to spoilers. I wasn't even sure it was the USMC campaign, but once I started typing this thread, I had the idea that I'd heard of this before.

Thanks!

Ken

Yes, the victory conditions for Afternoon Delight are totally screwed.

If the Syrians inflict any casualties (and that is any at all), they get 5000 pts.

If you met all your victory conditions, you are nowhere near 5000 pts so you get a total defeat.

I know because I totally wiped the Syrians to a man, occupied all objectives and has a total of 3 WIA (yes, just 3 WIA) and still got a total defeat. That is when I scutinized the victory conditions and found the Syrians got 5000 pts.

As mentioned, it doesn't seem to matter for the campaign. But taking only 3 WIA and doing a total wipe of the Syrians and getting a total defeat left a bitter taste in my mouth.