FYI: CMSF is $4.99 for the week on Gamersgate

I love this vague statement :). What were your sales expectations? 1000 copies? 10000? I assume you have your reasons to keep sales numbers secret, and I also assume I don't need to understand the reasons ... ;)

haha

Then there was that comment, when CMBO was on sale for $1.99USD at GoGamer before Christmas 2008, to the effect of, "Hmmm, we will have to check into this because our company did not approve this price/sale." I asked if BF gets to approve all sales, pricing, etc., but I did not receive a response.

We don't get to approve pricing because it doesn't work that way. As much as we don't like that, we do agree it's not practical for anybody to control the price other than the retailer. HOWEVER, it is illegal in many countries to sell a product below cost. It's a complicated situation and generally speaking nobody gets busted for it. "Dumping" is the common term for the practice and it usually takes something HUGE to get government regulators involved. The only recourse we have is if we find someone "dumping" we can shut them off from getting more product. Even that's pretty tough to do, especially as a product ages nobody but us has an incentive to keep the price higher.

Steve

We don't get to approve pricing because it doesn't work that way. As much as we don't like that, we do agree it's not practical for anybody to control the price other than the retailer. HOWEVER, it is illegal in many countries to sell a product below cost. It's a complicated situation and generally speaking nobody gets busted for it. "Dumping" is the common term for the practice and it usually takes something HUGE to get government regulators involved. The only recourse we have is if we find someone "dumping" we can shut them off from getting more product. Even that's pretty tough to do, especially as a product ages nobody but us has an incentive to keep the price higher.

Steve

ahhh. gotcha! Thanks for the info. yeah, it does sound complicated if you have a publishers, distributors, and sellers all having different ideas of what price they want to charge for you games!