Relicensing...

After losing everything on my hard drive last week including of course my ToW License wiyhout being able to unlicense I reinstalled the game but I cannot connect to Battlefront to complete the job. I went through this forum and the knowledge base and it seems likely that I need to alter the DEP settings. Only thing is I don't have the "runserviceexe" file in my C/Windows folder. I submitted a ticket on Monday 9th but I've possibly done something wrong because I've had no EMail with the file and I don't see any response at the helpdesk to my ticket. Now maybe this is just the usual timescale for this sort of thing but just in case I didn't follow the ticket procedure properly I thought I'd raise the issue here.

Regards AJD

No, the normal timescale for responses at the helpdesk is hours, not days.

You can see any replies to your ticket after you log in. The login you need is the one from the main site (and not the one from the forum). If you don't have a customer account yet, you can create a new one with the email address you used to submit the ticket, and the ticket will be automatically assigned to your account.

DEP and runservice have nothing to do with being able to relicense a game. DEP is a hardware function of your PC that is originally intended to prevent viruses etc. from running. Unfortunately, it's also known to stop many legitimate services.

Anyway, please log in to check your ticket resopnses, or if there really are none, then perhaps indeed something went wrong when you submitted a ticket, so please submit a new one. To aviod any errors, please use the web form at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.

Martin

Moon. I hope I'm not trying your patience but I believe I am logged on and I know there is a difference in logging on here at the forum and logging on for the general site. I must admit though I simply used the same login and password for both so could that be a problem? I get no problem submitting the webform and I'm shown as be logged in with my real name.

There is no problem what login you use or if it's the same for forum and main site.

As long as you log in with the same account that you use to submit a ticket, you will see the ticket and all replies (if any). It's really very straightforward, I am buffled why you're having problems or in fact, what exactly the problem is that you're having. Can't you find a ticket? Or can't you submit one?

Here is again a step by step guidance for dummies :-) on how to submit a ticket:

1) go to www.battlefront.com/helpdesk

2) log in

3) submit ticket

4) later, return to the helpdesk and log in again; you'll see any replies no matter if the emails made it through to you or if they were spam-blocked

Alternative:

1) email us from the email account that is registered with the main site

2) got to www.battlefront.com/helpdesk

3) log in with your main site account details, and you can look up your tickets

Another alternative:

1) whitelist battlefront.com with your email provider (put it into your "allowable sender list")

2) email support

3) wait on email reply

By the way, I just checked and see two tickets logged for your email address. Both have been answered by Matt within hours of posting them.

Again, make sure that you log into the helpdesk with the same email address that you've used to submit the ticket *), and you will be able to see them. After logging in, click on View Ticket.

*) if you want to know which email address it is, PM me here and I'll send it to you. It's the same one that is registered for your forum account.

Moon. Thanks for your help and patience. I am now sorted and have got ToW installed, licensed and working. In the end I uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and Uberpatch twice and after the second reinstall it worked. With regards to my inability to log in to the helpdesk I'm afraid that still stands. I followed all your instructions to the letter but no go. I tried opening the Automated Response E-Mail and following the link "Click here to view your ticket status or replies" then on to the page which asks for my E-Mail address and password,( actually I think it wants my user name and password so I tried it both ways) then a page which gives my real world name and tells me that I am successfully logged in, click on "view tickets" then nothing more happens.

Regards.

Start on Battlefront Main Page, click on "Support".

Hi, bruce90

************* Then this screen

Login [Lost Password]

Username:

Password:

Remember Me:

14 Mar 2009

************ Then this screen

Support Center

Logged in successfully

View Tickets

View already-submitted support tickets or create new replies.

Submit a Ticket

Submit a new issue to a department.

Knowledgebase

View categorized listing of all common frequently asked questions.

Troubleshooter

Take a step-by-step tour to find the solution to all your issues.

Popular Troubleshooter Categories Views

I am getting an eLicense error! 544

Popular Knowledgebase Articles Views

SCET and Windows Vista compatibility hotfix

Manual Game Installation Procedure

SiS Video Cards/Chipsets

Is there an upload limit?

Latest Knowledgebase Articles Date Added

"d3dx9_39.ddl was not found"

13 Mar 2009 01:18 PM

I have Windows Vista and can't seem to be able to change my resolution settings

13 Mar 2009 01:16 PM

My scenario/mod/file was uploaded by someone else without my permission!

11 Mar 2009 11:49 AM

I posted a comment and my full name is now visible!

01 Mar 2009 09:36 AM

****************** Then this screen

My Account [Logout]

Logged In: **** ****** (My name here)

****************** Then this screen

14 Mar 2009

Support Center » Ticket List

Ticket List

Listed below are the tickets you've submitted in the past. Click on a ticket's subject to view its entire history.

Page 1 of 1

Ticket List

Last Update Last Replier Status Priority Department

Page 1 of 1

Back

Home | View Tickets | Submit a Ticket | Knowledgebase | Troubleshooter Language: English (U.S.)

I then click on View Tickets but as I said nothing further happens. The page just stays as is.

Then there is no ticket for that account. If there was one, it would be listed in the Ticket List above.Clicking on "View Tickets" is a quick-jump to the same screen you're already on, so it's no surprise nothing happens.

In order to view tickets, the account you login with needs to match the account that you have submitted a ticket with. In your case, the account needs to have the same email address associated with that you are using for this forum. I bet that your main site account doesn't use the same email as your forum account, hence it's not showing you the tickets, because they were submitted with another email address.

You can check which email address your main site account is using on the main site at www.battlefront.com after logging in. Click on My Account from the top menu. If it doesn't use the same email address as your forum account, then you'll need to register a new account.

Of course, you can also simply submit a new ticket after you're logged into the helpdesk. It will then be associated with that account automatically of course.

Martin