Hi All,

I'm coming over from the CM:SF forums :D

I want to get started on the WW2 grand strategy games, looking at Strategic command 2....but ah...where do i start? i see 4 expansions...but which is the actual ST2 game?

or am i reading it dodgy?

cheers all :D

Barricade welcome to the group.I assure you that you will enjoy them all.If I were you I would first get SC2 with W.a.W.and play them both.P.B.E.M. games are great.They both offer very different modes on how you should play.Hubert and the rest have done an excellent job on making the games both very fun and open to many different strategys and their support is second to none.SC P.T.O.I cant say to much about because ive only played it once and from what ive found is that its more historically accurate in the sense that Japan had no hope.This game portrays that but it does give the Japanese player an opportunity to re-write history by hanging on longer than reality.Im sure the other pacific players will be able to help you there.No doubt you will have lots of fun though and there are lots of willing opponents for a P.B.E.M.Again,welcome to the group.

Barricade, Welcome to the SC forums, if you have any questions about SC PT feel free to ask me either through a PM or on the forums here. I'd like to second what Arado said as by playing WAW you'll get a true feel for how the other games are going to be play out. It includes a lot of new units which are in WAW, PDE, PT, and whatever new games Hubert is working on I'm sure. One thing you'll need to know is that you will have to purchase SC2 Blitzkrieg to have any of the expansions work (WAW, and PDE) Note you don't have to buy SC 2 if you only want to get SC PT as it runs off a slightly different game engine. If I were you though, I'd purchase all of the games as there all different, and all are very enjoyable to play. Hope this helps, and welcome to the forums :).

yah, the sc series is a lot of fun. been awhile since i played a game that i look at the clock, say "1 more turn", then next thing i know a couple of more hours has gone by. i think you'll enjoy playing them. so far i've only got sc2/waw, but i'm sure i'll get the rest if i ever win the game. watch out for the ai. it's pretty damn crafty. lol..