Reinforcements cannot be moved

Gents,

I think this cropped up awhile ago in an earlier version. I thought it got fixed in a patch. Anyway, I've run into the situation where some of my reinforcements are stuck.

Two units; a Marine rifle squad and a Marine smaw squad. Both came in as reinforcements near the board edge. The nearest man from each unit has several meters to the edge, so no obvious issue there. Other units were just as close.

When I select either unit, the menu screen is totally blank; no movements, to targeting, no special, no admin. That's okay; they've probably heard about my leadership style and are sheltering themselves in a bid for self-preservation. :)

If this is a known issue already addressed in the upcoming v1.20 patch, fine. If this is an old issue we thought we put to bed, I have a savegame if that will be of use. Post here and let me know if you want a link.

Thanks,

Ken

Try this: Open scen in the editor Expand the map edge size where the reinforcements are coming from. When you do that do you see blue or red setup areas bleeding off the actual map?...Check in AI editor...Do you see Yellow pathing bleeding off the map? If so delete those portions. Any troops (reinforcement or not) will set up strange or just not move when the scenario designer makes these errors.... I know from ...siggghhhhh..."personal experience"...

OK, I'll try that, but this is one of the scenarios from the USMC campaign, "Semper Fi! - Syria" battle number 6 (the one after pooh). These guys are part of the second group of reinforcements. All elements of group 1 and 3 have entered normally. All other elements of group 2 entered normally.

Thanks,

Ken

The Campaign will be a problem to look at ...too bad. But do keep it in mind with odd setup movement issues. After I discovered a setup anomaly with a converted QB map I found that when re-using a map (for any reason) you must totally delete all blue/red setup, yellow AI pathing, and green Objectives BEFORE making the map smaller. Failure to do so will possibly lead to Hidden setup/pathing and Objectives. The best thing to do is clear them all out save the file, exit the game, restart and THEN start your new work... It'll save a lot of confusion and WTF's down the road.