Mil-std-2525b?

I work on a contract for the Marines using various sims to help them train. These sims include CAN, VBS2, MAGTF XXI, CCM6, MTWS, and others. These all tend to use MIL-STD-2525B symbols w/i the sim.

Is there anyone out there who could help me figure out how to replace the symbols that hover above the teams on the field? I'm not a code writer so I have no idea where to start.

I'm in Okinawa so forgive me if I seem to post/reply at odd times. I'm currently +15 hrs EST.

Thanks in advance.

Okay, thanks. I found them. I'll give them a go and see what they look like.

Well, this is my first time messing with any of the mods. First of all, it took me a bit to find the Data\Z folder :P. Once I figured that out I copied the NATO icons folder in.

It's a step in the right direction. However, the icons are still circular. If anyone has an idea on how to make friendlies (US) blue rectangles and OPFOR red diamonds, I'm all ears.

Shameless plug:

You can use my mod manager. It really makes dealing with mods easier when you want to start trying out different uniform sets and vehicle textures.

I don't think the icons are able to become different shapes. I may be wrong, but I don't recall any mods like that.

So you're in Okinawa? I spent some time there at Camp Shields. Also spent some time in the jungles of JWTC and Camp Hansen. ;) I used to party at Kadena and Okinawa City.

Well, this is my first time messing with any of the mods. First of all, it took me a bit to find the Data\Z folder :P. Once I figured that out I copied the NATO icons folder in.

It's a step in the right direction. However, the icons are still circular. If anyone has an idea on how to make friendlies (US) blue rectangles and OPFOR red diamonds, I'm all ears.

I am pretty sure you could make the icons rectangular by editing the alpha channels. I will give it a shot sometime in the next few days. I kept the icons circular because I was trying to replicate the FBCB2 icons. Thanks for down loading them.

Shameless plug:

You can use my mod manager. It really makes dealing with mods easier when you want to start trying out different uniform sets and vehicle textures.

I don't think the icons are able to become different shapes. I may be wrong, but I don't recall any mods like that.

So you're in Okinawa? I spent some time there at Camp Shields. Also spent some time in the jungles of JWTC and Camp Hansen. ;) I used to party at Kadena and Okinawa City.

Good to hear. I've been here since '91. I actually spent 3 months on Shields back in '92. That was when the MARS program was still active. Since I was providing free calls back home for everyone, they treated me like a king. Though the Seabees were always a little easier to get along with. Must be the cammies vice the dungarees...

And I've been working on Camp Hansen since I sepped in '96.

I am pretty sure you could make the icons rectangular by editing the alpha channels. I will give it a shot sometime in the next few days. I kept the icons circular because I was trying to replicate the FBCB2 icons. Thanks for down loading them.

Ahhhhh, alpha channels. That was my next guess :confused:. Okay, maybe not. Thanks for looking into it though.

Shameless plug:

I got V 1.1 earlier. V 1.2 wouldn't even allow me to download it. Some error message. I posted what it was at the place I was trying to download.

Haven't had a chance to get in depth with the manager. I've been building my first scenario all day. :)