Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBO SE problems

I know nothing I say will change your mind... but after years of dedication to Battlefront... you really managed to piss me off with the special edition of CMBO...

I can't beleave you changed the executable... I was hoping to finally after years of swapping the disk between my laptop and desktop to play your game, that I could buy the SE and use that disk for the desktop, and keep my orginal CMBO in my laptop... but there not capatible with each other... total BULL****!

and I hope it's just me with this problem, (and someone can advise me with a solution)... but now the only ones of my multiplayer buddies I can play with is the ones with the SE edition, none of the orginal owners can play against me... what a backstab you did to this customer.

very disappointed, exspecially after the great move you did with the strategy guide screw up.

Somebody must have pee'd in your coffee this morning....

I believe, but I'm not sure, that the CMBO SE is actually a CDV release. It's not marketed by BTS/BFC. So the reason it doesn't work with your old copy of CMBO (as the 'copy protection disk') is that the copy protection schemes are different between BTS/BFC and CDV. It's obviously a bit late to suggest this, but you may want to post such questions to this forum in the future to avoid such possible problems (if an answer is actually known).

This version of CMBO SE should be capable of playing with other opponents to my knowledge however. They just have to be patched to 1.12 on the BTS/BFC version (I can't remember if the CDV version had the same patch revision numbers). You may want to be more specific as to what exact problems you have (TCP/IP, PBEM ?) and what happens when you do try to play.

Anyway, for a more definitive answer you may want to email matt@battlefront.com and give him the detailed specifics of your incompatibilities of playing opponents using other versions of CMBO.

The reason you can't use the CMBO:SE disc with a old copy of CMBO or vice versa is due to CDV's copy protection which they added to the game which is not present on the Battlefront.com version. You have to remember that CMBO:SE is really intended for NEW customers and it is distributed by CDV and as such they can and have made their own changes to it to fit in with their policies, such as adding this type of copy protection.

This does not mean that someone with a CMBO:SE cant play someone with CMBO, it just means you can't swap the CD's from one game with the other.

Don't forget, even without a disc in the drive you can still play multiplayer.

If I understand your specific problem, I am not clear on why you just dont install the CMBO:SE version on your laptop and use that CD there and use your original CMBO disc in your desktop. They will play each other fine.

Sorry you are so upset about it but I don't see the issue here nor does it give you permission to cuss like that.

Madmatt

[ June 11, 2003, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]