Questions for Battlefront Arcs/Ammo

Lanzfeld

1. I like my HQ's to grab a javelin CLU and sneak up to rooftops to observe the batttlefield and try to spot bad guys. I put a 180 degree arc on them only out to about 100 meters as I really dont want then to shoot anything and give away the position. Now my question is this: Arcs increase the chance of spotting? Is this true ONLY inside the arc itself or is the greater spotting ability carried out in the direction of the center of the arc to the LOS limit? Because I have a 100 meter arc on my HQ's is the enhanced spotting only out to 100 meters and everything beyond that is normal spotting?

2. Before my squads leave the stryker I have them grab all the 5.56 ammo there is (3300+ rounds I think) because there seems to be very, very little or no penalty that I can see for doing this. They run just as far as before no problem and they never have to go back to refill. Now Battlefront has been asked this before but I recall no answer: How much "over" the indicator does the ammo go??? Why wouldnt you make an absolute scale that shows the top as max ammo the squad can carry???Is there a relationship between scales? If I max out my 40mm grenades will I never be able to max out my 5.56 ammo scale? So darn baffelling to me.

1. I like my HQ's to grab a javelin CLU and sneak up to rooftops to observe the batttlefield and try to spot bad guys. I put a 180 degree arc on them only out to about 100 meters as I really dont want then to shoot anything and give away the position. Now my question is this: Arcs increase the chance of spotting? Is this true ONLY inside the arc itself or is the greater spotting ability carried out in the direction of the center of the arc to the LOS limit? Because I have a 100 meter arc on my HQ's is the enhanced spotting only out to 100 meters and everything beyond that is normal spotting?

In my experience, it only helps with spotting insofar as you can make them look in a certain direction. As for ranging, I'm somewhat sure that LOS always goes until it's blocked or reaches the map edge. So even with a 100m target arc, they'd still bea bale to see targets at 500m.

2. Before my squads leave the stryker I have them grab all the 5.56 ammo there is (3300+ rounds I think) because there seems to be very, very little or no penalty that I can see for doing this. They run just as far as before no problem and they never have to go back to refill. Now Battlefront has been asked this before but I recall no answer: How much "over" the indicator does the ammo go??? Why wouldnt you make an absolute scale that shows the top as max ammo the squad can carry???Is there a relationship between scales? If I max out my 40mm grenades will I never be able to max out my 5.56 ammo scale? So darn baffelling to me.

The scale only goes up to something like 9 mags per man. But if you acquire 3K rounds, they'll get all 3K of those additional rounds. I know because I've seen them shoot for a solid hour and not run out. As for the scales, they are just graphical representations. I can easily max the 5.56mm, 7.62mm and 40mm, AND throw Javelins, AT4s and LAWs on top of that with few ill-effects.