GREAT IDEA for play balancing!

Hubert,

All players are not equal. So I propose that we have settings on H vs H just like the computer. +.5,+1,+1.5,+2 and 1 or 2 Experiance bar setting. It would truely balance out the game when a veteran bring a novice into the fold!!! This would be an easy patch and would greatly help out! What do you say, or what do others feel about this?

My 12 year old cousin would be very happy to play me at +100% and +2 exp setting!

CSS, I'd also be very happy to play you at that level, as I can speak with almost certainty that this would get abused by people who are experienced and would say that they are not. It's a good idea it's just I see it being abused and ultimately manipulated so that the person who gets the benefit in fact is the one who shouldn't. Although your most certainly right that all players are not equal. Anyway the one big question you would have to answer is how do you know who is experienced and who isn't, and how do you change it to equal out the tide of war.

Your idea I think therefore would be better used in multiplayer games in which you give the poor Japanese player that type of bonuses. That would definitely even out the problem with play balance.

I think the idea of H.v.H.is for the novice to improve.If those upgrades were allowed then that may hide some of the mistakes the novice is bound to make.Ive always found that when playing a novice player I give them advice on what they should and shouldnt do during the game and always afterwards.Imho that is much better.When I hopefully get a chance to play you vets of the Pacific,I would hope you would help me along,because I really dont know to much about it.

I would use it for more PBEM games with people I know, however it is a GREAT idea to be able to do this by country, induvidualy instead of just per side. As far as abuse? Yes there will always be those who abuse anything, just dont play with them!