C2 Question

Lanzfeld

I am digging deeper and deeper into this great game and I am currently enjoying and testing the C2 going on behind the scenes. The game is just great. But I have come across a strange thing that maybe you guys can explain.

I sent out a single vet squad from 2nd platoon to make contact and to test how long it takes to get the info up the chain to the platoon comander sitting in a stryker out of LOS. I split my squad and the "B" part (fire team) went one way while the "A" part (manuver team) went another. B team went into a building and spotted an enemy a few buildings away and I tracked the info to the platoon commander and up to company. Cool. Everything was working well. Now the A team made contact with a different enemy. Even though the team was not spotted/pinned/rattled and had a radio and RPDA they would not pass the info up to the commander in the stryker with a radio and BFT. The A team even had the squad leader in it. I waited 20 minutes for the info to work its way up but it never did. I then rejoined both halves and it still didnt work.

Is there a reason why I could not get the info passed or is this a bug? Why wouldnt team A send to info to the platoon commander? Wont all teams be updated with the latest "?" on where the enemy was last seen given enough time for the info to go up then back down to every squad in C2?

What am I missing?

Yes there was a green conection all the way up to battalion and they had radio and RPDA working.

What they were looking at, which is some enemy out on a balcony, SHOULD have eventually made its way up, right? I double checked everything and it should have worked. I did not save but I will continue to replay/test this stuff (I DO love the work!!!) and I will let you know if I see it again.

Hmmm... well, based on your description I can't explain what might have happened. So if you come upon it again, please get a save of it so we can take a look. Could be a bug, could be a reasonable explanation based on some sort of circumstance you didn't know was important enough to mention. I can't think of what that might be, so if you can reproduce it that would clear things up either way.

Thanks!

Steve

• 11 months later...

I know this thread is old but I did not want to start a new one.

Steve, I ran into this same problem again tonight. I was playing RT so I have no save. The situation was that a crack sniper team had LOS on a BMP and had a RPDA and a green line up to Company. Company (on the same map) had a RPDA as well. Neither team was under fire or any supression at all and the info was never passed. Then I noticed that in the same company the first squad of first platoon saw some bad guys in a building and would not pass the info to the squads HQ unit (again, everyone had comms and green dots all the way up). I waited 10 minutes and it wouldnt happen.

BTW...this was in "Iron" mode.

I am telling you I have seen this too much for it not to be a smaller, hidden bug. When I build units on a map I will often delete whole companies but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Could you please try a few scenarios and test this as I am sure something is wrong here and I dont want it passed into CM:N. In fact it would be great if eveyone could keep on eye on Blue C2 because I think there is a little roadblock in there somewhere.

Thanks

EDIT: I will start playing WEGO and save the turns when I see this.