game shutsdown

It's possible that your CPU may be overheating when CM is running. This may happen since CM tends to use a lot of CPU cycles.

I'd suggest running a program like Prime 95 used in conjuction with Stress Prime 2004 which can put your CPU/memory under sufficient load to determine if there are any hardware issues with your computer setup. You can also try Super Pi which should do something similar.

If your computer can pass either of these for several hours, then it most likely isn't a hardware issue with your CPU/memory/chipset. The next possible culprit would be the videocard and it potentially overheating. While the CMx1 series (CMBO,CMBB & CMAK) don't actually use many of the advanced features of the current videocards, they can stress certain aspects of them (such as the video memory, etc.). If that's the case, then you can probably run some video benchmarks such as 3DMark 2003, although depending on which videocard you have, some of them may not run (or at least some tests may not run since the card/drivers may not support certain visual effects for benchmarking). You'll need to run these in a loop to see if your videocard overheats or has other problems.

good advice given above.one or two other tips.....

when you say it shuts down,are you getting a black screen with a warning bleep ?

the motherboard on most pc's has a pre set shut down temperature to prevent heat damage.relevant factors are ambient temperature,dirt and quality of cooling.here in england we have just had some unseasonal hot weather with temps hitting 37C.my cpu peaked at 52C one evening where it usually runs at around 37-40C.

dirt is a big factor,you may need to remove the side panel of your pc case and clean the dirt from your cpu heatsink.if you have not done this for a few months then it will make a difference.although before you do this its wise to ground yourself.

if the problem persists i would recommend additional case cooling.i have three case fans making my case like a wind tunnel.makes a difference especially if the pc sits in a warm environment.