DEI Air Unit

I note that when the DEI falls, the surviving Dutch ships remain in the game. So in my game with Abu, since he is systematically killing every Allied unit he can see, I thought it would be useful to save the remnants of the Dutch air unit. I flew it to India (unrealistic, yes) but it died when the DEI surrendered.

Does this sort of extinction occur randomly, or is it never possible to save the Dutch air?

The DEI air units were a hodge podge of Fokkers (the T9 bomber had an 1100 mile range), Brewster Buffaloes and the like. Some of them did escape to Australia before the Japanese consolidated their hold of the DEI. I have been unable to find hard information on numbers, but in addition to the "refugee" hardware, pilots also escaped, and a DEI air component was reconstituted in Australia, with a fairly significant naval patrol and interdiction capability.

So I would suggest that it might not be out of line to let the poor little Dutch air unit escape the evil minions of Imperial Japan, if the player so desires.

There is a chance for it to escape, and that chance is under free unit in the scripts section of the game. It's likely to be either 10% or 20% depending on the unit naval/air/land. Hope this helps you in the future.

Thank you. If I had done more than just scan the manual, would I have known this? rtfmninja.gif Or is the lesson here that I should read the scripts?

I would say read the scripts(free unit), but the manual might have hinted towards it I don't know. Other than that you could just do what you just did and post here on battlefront, because someone is bound to come in and help out :).

I'm not sure on those percentages though. It wouldn't surprise me if they turned out to be different then what I posted above.