Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Problem running on new machine.

I've just reinstalled Combat mission Beyond overlord on my new machine and I'm having problems.

If I install from the CD I get the c0000005 error, I've re-installed Direct X 9.0C and still get the error.

If I pull the 1.12 patch down and install it, then I don't get the c0000005 error, instead I get the no cd found error. I've checked the compatibility mode and nothing is checked, the right cd is in the drive and works fine in the old machine.

Machine Spec

AMD CPU, XP service pack2, ATI card, 1 DVD/cd drive direct X9.0c

If anyone has any extra suggestions I'd appreciate them.

Trev

Where did you buy CMBO ? If you got it from a store then you shouldn't need to download the patch since it is already at v. 1.12. The most important consideration here is that the retail version is from CDV and uses a different form of copy protection. If you had the CDV/retail version installed and then patched over it with the 1.12 patch from the BFC website, the CD wouldn't match the copy protection mechanism and the check would fail, thus giving a 'no CD found' error.

The 'c0000005 error' can be related to video drivers, sound drivers or DirectX itself (which you reinstalled). If the executable or some graphic/sound file has been corrupted that could be another possibility in generating this error, though some other error coming up would seem more likely.