Campaign Maps stop loading or CTD

Guys,

I have a problem with CMSF. I am about 10/11 missions into the campaign and now suddenly the mission fails to load. It either gets stuck on 2% or CTDs.

I have decent enough specs. These are;

64bit vista ultimate

Quad Core 6600

Nforce 750I Sli

4gb Ram

9800gtx+ latest driver

plenty of space on my HD.

All of the Quick Battles and scenarios load so it is defo not the suggested problem of no Ram in another thread.

The Game is ace- can anyone help

Ade

Also looking for online play if anyone interested.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys,

I have a problem with CMSF. I am about 10/11 missions into the campaign and now suddenly the mission fails to load. It either gets stuck on 2% or CTDs.

I have decent enough specs.

All of the Quick Battles and scenarios load so it is defo not the suggested problem of no Ram in another thread.

The Game is ace- can anyone help

Ade

I am having exactly the same problem and have reinstalled, deleted saved files, started again from scratch.

Once I completed the 10th mission, game saved. I attempt to load mission 11 and the machine hangs during loading at 2%

Any help or a link to where I can get a saved mission 12 in order to skip the one causing the problem?

TIA

What's the name of the mission you guys are having the issue with? If it's Debouch to Disaster it's a very large map. The Pooh mission likewsie although not as large a map does have a lot of units and is building heavy. Both may/will take a while to load.

For any large mission that seems to hang I would let it alone and go do soemthing else for a while. Some large maps could take up to 15 minutes to load. Once loaded and you save it you should find that the load time is significantly less next time around. Hope this helps.

Cheers fur noo

George

I should have hunted harder but never mind.

From another thread, it seems that it is the Night Stalker Mission that causes the problems.

Following the advice on that thread, I had a bit of fun and then surrendered the mission. The next mission then loaded successfully.

Not perfect but it works.