horizontal lines

While playing CB, I have noticed horizontal lines that flicker against dark backgrounds. I realize this may be a monitor or videocard problem, but it clears up after I reboot and launch other programs. Then, when I play CM it starts again and will effect other programs after I exit CM. Any ideas, I have talked to the Dell reps online and I get no where, I figured someone in CM family could come through for me. Thanks

What OS, video card and driver version do you have installed ? Where in CMBO do you see these flashing horizontal lines, is it in a particular part of the screen ?

If you're running Windows 2000 or XP and you have a NVidia-based card (GeForce, etc.) then you may be suffering from a driver problem. The drivers for the NVidia cards that come with Windows XP are older and have a particular bug in them that you may only see in CM. Upgrading to the official 28.32 drivers should fix this problem.