Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

2 graphics oddities

c3k

Gents,

I've noticed two graphics glitches.

1.) Sometimes roofs do not fully cover the walls beneath them. With the nature of the game being "what you see is what you get" I'd be willing to bet that the gap between the roof and walls would allow fire/observation. Picture/savegame available.

2.) I've just finished playing a game and I noticed that some of my casualties (I have LOTS to choose from!) are on a paved road near a shellhole. These men have become concretized; their textures have been replaced by the paved road. They are only visible with the crater as a background. Picture/savegame available.

Obviously neither of these are complete gamebreakers. In fact, number 2 is extraordinarily minor. The first one MAY have an impact, but is more likely only going to be noticed visually, not in actual gameplay. I have noticed the mis-matched roofs many times, that is why I mention them now.

Thanks,

Ken

Okay, if I labelled these as "bugs" would that garner any confirmations/repudiations?

The roof issue seems more important of the two. Has anyone else noticed roofs which miss the walls? Both undershooting and overshooting occurs.

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?...

Ken

It would help if you could post some screenshots or save game files. I must admit I never noticed either of the two examples above. Not to say they did'nt happen, but save game files and/or screenshots along with what the spec is of your rig would help.

If you have could you send em to me please? Address in my profile.

Cheers fur noo

George

George MC: you are right, so here are some screenshots. (The process I use for posting screenshots I find to be a pain, so I don't do it unless I get some interest. It involves loading FRAPS, making a new folder, loading CMSF, taking FRAPS screenshots to the new folder, going to photobucket, uploading, then posting them here. Does that make me lazy? ;) )

The first shot, below, is an overview of the typical mismatched roof. Note that I have seen this several other times in several other scenarios. I do not know if all the buildings showing evidence of this are the same type, size, or height.

Roofmismatchoverview.jpg

Next, this image highlights the corners. Note the sides are too long, whereas the front is too short:

Roofmismatchcorners.jpg

A closeup of the near corner:

Roofmismatchcornerzoom.jpg

Now, here is an image of the side of the building which shows the overhang along the edge. However, I also want to bring to your attention the facade of the building in the immediate background. Note the rooftop wall and how it is mismatched with the front of its building! I've circled both elements in question.

(I deleted this image since the forum limits us to 5 images per post.)

And here is a slightly magnified view of the same:

overhangzoom.jpg

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Ken

Continuing from above:

The image I deleted is here:

overhang.jpg

It does not add much.

A savegame is available. The scenario was one I downloaded from the repository (Attack on Precinct 13) so the appropriate building information should be available within the editor.

As for the concrete men issue, the image I retrieved when I went back to the savegame I made is this:

concretemen.jpg

As you can see, all the men seem to be drawn correctly. I can only surmise that my video memory corrupted the imagery, not CMSF. So, the only conclusion you can draw from this image is that it is not good to be a Syrian under my command! (Sorry about that, men.)

Thanks,

Ken

Hi Ken

Cheers for the screenies. The building issue I've not seen before. Could you send me your save game if that is not too much trouble and I'll take a look at the buildings. Could be a graphics rendering issue as I've not seen (noticed) the mismatching roofs. Just looking at the screenies - are the buildings occupying differant levels perchance?

Cheers fur noo

George

George MC,

Thanks for following up. I've uploaded the savegame to mediafire. The link is: http://www.mediafire.com/?tzaym45dgoi

The scenario is "Assault on Precinct 13 v2" available at CMMODS, created by MikeyD.

As far as buildings being on different levels, I'm not sure what the common issue may be. As I stated earlier, I've seen this before in other scenarios. Unfortunately, I usually dismissed it. I'll keep a look out and see what other buildings have this issue.

Thanks,

Ken