Useless PBEM file

Leta

Hi all,

While playing a PBEM file I found that, suddenly, I cannot open the file my opponent sent. I push the "Load E-Mail" button, chose the file and ... nothing occurs.

Then, I opened the file with a text editor (to see if there are something corrupted) and only see characters like empty squares.

I know that my opponent aren't using his usual equipment. So ...

Is this a problem with the PC-MAC compatibility?

Or with the CM patches?

Or what?

Any, any ...?

I received the file in a .txt (not compressed) file as an attached file in a hotmail mailbox, used with MSN Explorer.

I haven't experienced any problem until this last file. I know my opponent is out his home so, probably, he has a different machine, but I don't know if it is a Mac or a PC.

I'm using a PC. Could be a PC-MAC compatibility problem?

Have your opponent compress the PBEM file and resend it to you.

The Mac-PC compatibility issue is related to encoding; a setting in the email client affects this. I'm not sure what the default for a Mac would be, but it may be 'binhex', which you would want turned OFF. Some email clients (on the Mac side) should work with 'Base64' encoding - otherwise choose 'none'.