Evening Assault V.2

Just put a new version of my scenario up at cmmods.com (Evening Assault V.2).

I listened to some of the comments on the original and have made the US force a bit weaker while slightly strengthening the Uncons.

It should be a little bit more challenging now.

Play as blue only, it's not tested on H2H but could be a very interesting battle.

Basically it's a US Army assault against a suspected Insurgent stronghold, as the situation

becomes more intense reinforcements become available, but they are limited and too many losses will make the final objective harder.

If you save and reload after taking losses it will be too easy, so play it right through and take you punishment like a man.

Success is better achieved through tactical crawl type play, rather than trying to use an overwhelming firepower steamroller approach.

Any comments will be very much appreciated whether negative or not, hopefully I can

produce some nicer challenges in the future. I've tested this several times, sometimes I

cruise through other times it's alot tougher, it's hard to keep testing knowing where the enemy is coming from so hopefully you guys can give some good feedback for future scenarios.

Enjoy.

Just finished with the enemy surrendering. Good map.

Very tense close combat.

I used my first troops to push straight forward from their start positions. split my engy squads and dispersed them into the two marine platoons so they could open holes in all the walls and buildings as i leapfrogged the marines from position to position.

I took my reinforcements up the road on the right. I gave one mk19 humvee to my first marines and kept the other with the reinforcements as they made their way up the road to flank the town center.

When my first guys finally made it to the southern boarder of the objective, i Jinked my reinforcements left across the fields to flank the town center while my first guys kept the pressure on.

Eventually i had all my forces set up in the series of two story buildings that go in a line north from the mosque.

From there i just picked off bad guys, and called in airstrikes from the a-10's.

I had used the harriers and arty earlier to soften up the town center when my guys were all waiting at jumping off points for the main attack on the objective.

I took lots of casualties, but when the map was over there wasnt an enemy squad left on the map that wasnt damaged like hell.

Just finished this scenario a couple days ago and it was a lot of fun!

The map ended with an enemy surrender as 3rd platoon began firing into the main objective from the trees along the river.

In the end I had 6 KIAs and 21 WIA with 1 Stryker destroyed and 1 Brad knocked out.

*Side question* I know that knocked out and destroyed mean pretty much the same thing in CMSF, but is kocked out suppose to represent a vehicle that can be salvaged?