Adding a mod to a game

Just go to your combat mission folder (Probably something like C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force) and go to the Data folder. In this folder create a new file named 'z' and unzip all your mods into that.

The z is so the game reads the mods last (alphabetically)

Hope that helps!

The mods will apply to all of your scenarios. The scenarios you download have to go in the scenario folder (C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force\Game Files\Scenarios)

They will then show up in the battles screen.

It is possible to get different mods to work with different scenarios with z-bees mod manager but I never got it to work so I am not an expert!

The mods will apply to all of your scenarios. The scenarios you download have to go in the scenario folder (C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force\Game Files\Scenarios)

They will then show up in the battles screen.

It is possible to get different mods to work with different scenarios with z-bees mod manager but I never got it to work so I am not an expert!

Maybe I can help you get it to work. What is the issue?

Maybe I can help you get it to work. What is the issue?

Thanks for your help!

I had just finished box 2 by populating the mods list and tried to add them to the mod manager when the application shut down with a runtime error.

I am using vista and z-bee v 1.1

I reinstalled and tried again after you offered to help but with the same result.

A pity because it really does look like an awsome app

Does this happen when you click Add, Add All, or Double-click? You can try all 3 ways.

Make sure you have all macros enabled and that you trust the app.

If you happen to have Access, not the runtime, go into vba mode and make sure you have 6 references checked under the Tools menu.

If none of those things work, tell me the exact error message and I'll look it up.

Right, on closer look it only happens on certain mods. For example, I can add battlefronts alternative terrain mod to the manage mods box but not Mords Allahs army sound mod.

Likewise, I can activate Scipios flame mods but I can't activate the Syrian spy pack.

If I try either of these actions I get the following message:

"Execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error

The application can't continue and will be shut down"

couple of things. First you will need to convert (almost) all downloaded scenarios to 1.11 by opening and saving them in the editor.

Also, what I do with all mods is unpack them and them enter the files individually in type folders in the z folder. Otherwise it's very easy to have duplicates and you might not get used the one you want.

I have folders within my mods folder. The neatest way of doing it, is to use rezpack to turn them into .brz files. But that is time consuming (maybe I can make a rezpacker/exploder with the mod manager???). I have a mix of .brz files, .wav's, .bmp's, and some folders. They all seem to work for me. What will NOT work is putting zip and rar files in there. All mods must be unzipped.

As far as what Rich12545 said, I never did that and all of my mods still work fine.

Glad it's working for you though!!! It takes a little while to get it all set up but once you do it makes life much easier! Take care, and have fun with all the great mods out there!

Version 1.2.

Hi. I've started working on a couple of requests:

1) Being able to sort the list of mods.

2) Adding button that opens the Battlefront mod tools for easy access.

3) Resizing for higher screen resolution.

Any other suggestions will be considered based on my ability to pull it off. Let me know what you guys need in the mod manager.