1.1- Screen Goes Black After Initial Screen

I just installed 1.1 on my 15" MacBookPro (ATI x1600), and I am getting a black screen after the initial CMSF screen where I select "Battle", "Campaign", etc.

If I hover my mouse cursor around where I suspect the buttons are, the screen will flicker and I can see the next screen for brief glimpses.

I suspect that the ATI/Apple Bootcamp drivers are at fault here, as my MacPro with a 3870 card was working fine on my CMSF Marines install prior to me leaving for my Christmas dream vacation at my in-laws. The drivers are the 8.430.0.0 version (the latest I could find at ATI for my computer).

Any help appreciated so that I can see this fantastic new patch in action.

I had the exact same problem with my Hp notebook (running a ATI x1600) - All the menu screens were black. Once I got into a scenario (by remembering where the buttons were), the performance was great.....

I downloaded new video drivers, and this did solve the problem....but completely ruined the in game performance - upto 2 seconds per frame in a small scenario....not good at all!

Rolled back to the previous version of drivers and things improved - the menus worked, and the FPS was almost acceptable. Still unsure what was/is wrong.

Thanks for the reply, imported_Windle_Poons. I tried as you suggested and attempted to guess where the buttons were. After a handful of tries, I got into a game and it ran perfectly. It was impossible to see what I was selection however.

The problem lies in the scenario selection screen, and the screen after(the rt/turn based selection IIRC). There is a selection of only 2 different drivers for the x1600 card for Bootcamp as it stands now. I tried installing regular drivers ATI drivers, and was unable. Hopefully there will be a tweak from ATI or BFC to get me back in business on the laptop.

• 2 weeks later...