Inexpensive PCI card that shows fog and smoke

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dweezil44:

And it shows fog w/o/ problems? I heard the Voodoo card had problems with fog and weather.

How is the speed? Also, what CPU are you running? RAM memory?

Sorry for all the questions, but even $60-$75 is a chunk from the budget nowadays.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm running a Voodoo3 3000 PCI in a AMD 750/ 256 MB (will be getting better card shortly).

It shows fog well. There are occasional issues with the display after extended play that have been mentioned here before.

--Philistine

Dweezil - I use Voodoo 3 2000 with 16megs of Vid mem. Works fine, fog n'all. I use a Dell 400c with 128 megs of ram and 400Mhz processor.

I do have graphic glithes when going to desktop while in CM. When I return to CM the background is odd. To fix I hit the esc key and then right back to CM. Looks fine after that.

Also - be sure to use the latest drivers.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frenchy:

Dweezil - I use Voodoo 3 2000 with 16megs of Vid mem. Works fine, fog n'all. I use a Dell 400c with 128 megs of ram and 400Mhz processor.

I do have graphic glithes when going to desktop while in CM. When I return to CM the background is odd. To fix I hit the esc key and then right back to CM. Looks fine after that.

Also - be sure to use the latest drivers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! Sounds like what I need.

Just to answer your question the PC in question is a Pentium 350mhz with 128mb of RAM and I was running hi-res mods throughout the game at 800x600 with no problems what so ever. I do not remember the graphics glitches but I was using an AGP card (friend was using a PCI with very similiar setup) and it has been a long time since I used that PC for CMBO. (my mainline PC can run CMBO at 1200x1600 with no slowdown running all hi res)