Pathfinding fun...

Mad Mike

Hiya all,

I usually don't post here, just lurk in the background and wait for 1.11 to arrive .. but today, while playing the scenario 'Just around the bend', i witnessed a rather funny pathfinding oddity, involving some fine driving by a LAV crew :D:

pathfindingbj4.jpg

The original intention for the LAV was to arrive at the waypoint using a FAST movement order coming from the direction indicated by the red arrow. Somehow they must have missed the exit:D.

Not to worry, just do another revolution in the roundabout .. This took about 4 to 5 seconds and was accomplished in a rather hurried fashion.

Overall, not too bad .. at least nobody got hurt:D.

Anyway, I don't want to bash the pathfinding here .. just hope 1.11 will be worth waiting for (not that we have a choice, really).

Thanks dischord, i've downloaded the fixed scenario and will try again .. but only after seeing the LAV ATGMs fail miserably the first time around.

I had one LAV ATGM in Hull Down Position and it even spotted the Syrian T55s moving into position. For some reason, the crew then decided to pop some smoke and retreat .. not really what I expected from an ATGM platform:D.

After moving them back into firing position and getting of 2 TOWs, I could understand their initial reaction .. both TOWs missed and the LAV got hit twice, resulting in the destruction of both TOW launchers. At least the vehicle survived.